"Welcome to the Red Brick Store, birthplace of Relief Society. I am Eliza R. Snow and I preserved the records of those first Relief Society meetings in Nauvoo." A group of women led by Sarah Granger Kimball desired to form a charitable society. "I drafted a plan typical of women's groups of the time, and when the Prophet Joseph was consulted, he responded." The Lord desired to organize them after the manner of the Priesthood. 
"Under the direction of Joseph Smith with John Taylor and Willard Richards assisting, 20 of us met on March 17, 1842, right here in the 'Red Brick Store'." Emma Smith was nominated as President with Sara Cleveland and Elisabeth Whitney as counselors and Eliza R. Snow as Secretary.
What a marvelous experience to be in the 'Red Brick Store', to participate in the founding of this wonderful organization. To start out with 20 and then to exceed 2 million. What service and love the Relief Society has given through out the years. How many homes & families have felt of their love. The biggest women's organization in the world. I was so excited to be able to be a part of this. I was truly blessed by the Lord, my dear husband and Eliza her self to be able to learn and participate in this production. The Lord and this mission does stretch us beyond what we think we are capable of doing. So many sisters would have loved the opportunity to be in Nauvoo on this special day. We are truly blessed to be here serving a mission at this time.
"Charity never Faileth", charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment