April 25, 2010

Extra's on Rel. Society Day

The Sisters of the Relief Society were taken by horse drawn carriage, of course our driver was Elder Williams, down the streets of 'Old Nauvoo' to the 'Red Brick Store'. During this ride they were told of stories of old Nauvoo, the saints, families and the gospel. It was such a beautiful ride, on the way home we could see the stars and the moon and we sang, "Sister's in Zion". We were sisters in Zion at that time.

I wore a 'Snood', like Eliza R. Snow wore. A 'Snood' is a lacy hair net caught up with ribbon that holds your hair in place. We all laugh at the name. Many sisters in Rendezvous now want me to make them a snood like mine. I think I'll call it the 'Eliza Snood'.

1 comment:

T-Bird said...

Is that were she kept her minutes for the meeting?? Looks great on you mom!