E/Williams and I were touring the country side on our "P Day" and talked to some Amish Brothern. We had been watching a new business going up, the Amish was building a motor repair store, they always had their buggies and horses tide up to the hitching posts and always 5 or 6 men working. E/Williams is getting into the buggies and horses they have and wanted to ask were he could find a man that made them. The men gave us the directions. The Amish are very nice and easy to talk to, always willing to help. We found out the man was just down the road helping put a roof on a newly wed couples house. We rounded the corner and this is what we saw. There were about 17 men on the top of that roof, it looked like an ant hill. There were also about 3 men on the ground helping to take the shingles up, remember no electrical items what so ever. (Do you think we could get that many Elders at one time to help put on a new roof?) In the yard there were a dozen or so buggies and horses. The man we wanted to talk to came running down the conveyor belt and I think as soon as he saw our pickup the prize came up on a buggy. They don't like their pictures taken, so we never have any to show you but I discretely took these out of the pickup window, I hope I was discreet. While we were there visiting with them an old hay wagon came into the yard with about 3 young boys on it. They were driving a team of big horses, had a couple of milk cans on the wagon, I guess they were delivering milk. Two very little boys were hauling wood into the house. 

They live such a simple life. If anything happened to this world, they would never know, they could just keep on with their life.
1 comment:
I'm glad to see a picture of dad ;). Mom, you look so cute in that little bonnet! That's good you and dad finally got to work together. About the amish, which one of you is going to drive the buggy home?? QandI need a new roof -- ask all those men if they could come and help us. That's amazing -- but you're right if anything happened they'd just keep going on. Looks like you're doing well. Do you have any pics from Christmas?
Post a Comment