January 14, 2010

Christmas Dinner in Old Nauvoo

Christmas in Nauvoo is such a busy time, it's not filled with shopping or driving to Walmart it is filled with love, service, hugs and testimonies. Christmas in Nauvoo is how a Christmas should be. We served the day before Christmas, and Rendezvous Christmas Eve and served in our sites Christmas Day and had Rendezvous Christmas night. We thought of the dear Saints, years ago and their Christmas's.


Christmas Eve we sang Christmas Carrol's on the Temple Steps, in the rain, with 6 inches of snow. Then we hurried to the Stake Center for hot chocolate and goodies, and then some hurried to do their preforming at the Cultural Hall. Always hugging and laughing and serving all the while. Late into the night we sat up 33 tables to accommodate 266 people for dinner Christmas Day. The tables and decorations were splendid and so many willing to help.





Not a time to call your family, that morning we were busy making 500 rolls by 6:30 am, what a marvelous committee I had, S/Hughes, S/Light, S/Boehmer, S/Veteto. I told them it was like being Rel.Soc. Pres. again, these dear sisters have all been there done it. Our meal consisted of Pork loin, served with an orange-cranberry sauce, sugared glazed carrots & corn, a yummy Waldorf salad, home made rolls, pumpkin dessert and apple pudding, and of course Idaho baked Potatoes. You can't imagine how hard it was to get those. They actually came from Idaho Falls, the "Dutchman Store", (Amish) ordered them for me. It was the hit of the dinner.

1 comment:

qdog said...

Wow! There's no rest for the weary -- even on Christmas day. I know the dinner was wonderful you did mom. I think I can see dad on the steps on the pic of the carolling. (Btw, is that an new dress you have on in the kitchen pic?)