Though he grew up in a log cabin he is one of our most noted presidents, a president for all people.
President Lincoln was 6ft. 3in., noted for his height, E/Williams has him beet by 2 inches. E/Williams is noted in Nauvoo for being the tallest missionary. They always make a comment about how tall he is. (And I might add, good looking)
We went to his home, a very nice home in a quiet part of town. It was very colorful inside. The more colors you had in your carpet and wall paper the richer you were. I would just as soon be a little poor. As you note the wall paper is a berry tone, with bright green drapes, what you can't see is that the big wall paper boarder is a pumpkin orange design. A lot of big patterns and colors, no wonder he and Mary had a few problems.
We had a marvelous day learning about one of our great Presidents. It made us thankful for our country and thankful for our freedom of religion.
1 comment:
I agree that room would give me a headache too. I hope that never comes back into style.
Post a Comment